Date: Tuesday 16th February 2021
Venue: Virtual broadcast from SALAR Studio.
Register at https://symbiocity.confetti.events/
With less than 10 years left in the implementation of Agenda 2030, what happens in cities and towns is more important than ever. Over the past 10 years, the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions has been supporting local and regional governments in more than 20 countries to plan and develop more sustainable and inclusive urban areas, through SymbioCity. Join us to hear the experiences of local governments from around the world on how to create sustainable cities and communities.
Highlights from the program
- 10 years to transform our world. Ulf Ranhagen, SymbioCity Legend
- An institutional collaboration for sustainable cities. Maria van Berlekom, Head of Unit for Global Cooperation on Environment, Sida
- SymbioCity – A holistic approach to inclusive and sustainable urban development. Ana-Karin Municio and Paul Dixelius, SymbioCity Programme Managers, SKL International
- Putting principles into practice – examples from 6 cities around the world
- Leading for change in Pitalito, Colombia. Ximena García Gutiérrez, Urban Development Specialist, SymbioCity Colombia and Lorena Castro Molano, Architect, Planning Department, Pitalito
- Exploring tactical urbanism in Apartadó, Colombia. Angelmiro Ramírez Pineda, Architect, Planning department, Apartadó
- Planning public space with children in Mahdia, Tunisia. Chiraz Gafsia, Urban Planner and local expert, Rim Mathlouti, Public dialogue specialist and workshop facilitator
- Reforming the waste sector in Ethiopia. Anna Älgevik, SymbioCity Facilitator Ethiopia
- Building critical mass for sustainable urban development in Myanmar. Björn Ekelund, SymbioCity Trainer Myanmar
- Planning our towns – an integrated approach to urban development in Kenya, Everlyne Otieno, Urban Development Specialist, SymbioCity Kenya
- The value of learning between cities. Gabriel Werner, International Affairs at the City of Stockholm
- Launch of the publication “Implementing Agenda 2030 through SymbioCity”
- What does the future hold in store?